Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Christmas Carol


Merry Christmas everyone! It's Megan yet again and I am here with another fabulous update on the Gardner family. On Friday I had my first performance of "A Christmas Carol." I play Emily Cratchit (Tiny Tim's mom). If I do say so myself we rocked! Ha ha. We started off with a bang. Lots of energy and we were all so excited. I was really nervous, though. All day I felt like huge mutant butterflies moved into my stomach. Fun description I know. The first song went great. But then I am not in the show again until the second act so I don't know how the rest of the first act went because I was backstage.

Then intermission rolled around and then the action began. (at least my part of the play.) We had to change the set and costumes and curl this little girls hair in 10 minutes. It was just hectic. Then when we heard our director yell "places." We were ready and yet still really nervous. I am in the second act a lot with a really big song that makes most of the audience cry. I love looking at the audience and seeing parents and friends crying because of something I am singing. Ha ha - it sounds cruel - but it is a really cute song. After my song there is this scene where I have to cry. And all last week I was freaking out because I couldn't get myself to cry. It killed me! But then my friend Claire told me to just not blink and think of something sad. When I combine both of those things I am able to cry. I feel so accomplished. Ha ha.

My parents said they really liked it and so did Ryan and Cameron. We are doing 10 shows total in just two weeks. It is a lot - but I love it.

Well now I have another show so ta ta lovelies!

No comments: