Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bless Us All

It's Megan here to give an update on what is happening in my world. So as most of you know, because I posted a blog about it earlier, I just did a play called "A Christmas Carol." In the show my favorite song in the whole show was a song called "Bless Us All." This was the song where I had a couple really big solos. But the reason it was my favorite was because of the message the song portrays. In the scene prior to the song Bob Cratchit, my "husband", toasts the Christmas dinner to evil Mr. Scrooge. My character gets really upset because she feels Scrooge is a vile, wicked man. But then little Tiny Tim, who sees the good in everyone, convinces my character that maybe Scrooge doesn't deserve such harsh criticism. That leads into the cutest song ever. We made many of the people in the audience cry every show. It was super fun! The beginning of the song you can't really understand because Tiny Tim is 4 and really quiet so the first lyrics are the following.

"Life is full of sweet surprises, every day's a gift

The sun comes up and I can feel it lift my spirit

Fills me up with laughter

Fills me up with song

I look into the eyes of love and know that I belong"

Here is the link so you can hear the rest of the song. It isn't the best footage because it was filmed by a parent in the audience who didn't have the best seats.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Megan, that was awesome! You have a great voice, are you trying out for Regionals this year?