Sunday, March 1, 2009

Youth Conference


Hey, its Megan. Every year our Stake does a service project of some kind and all the youth, ages 14 and up go and participate. Well yesterday for the project the youth put on a carnival for special needs kids at my school. It was so fun! Each ward had 2 booths to work and those of us who were not needed at the booth would walk around and spend the day with a kid, being a "Best Buddy." I was a Best Buddy and my partner's name was Michael. He was so funny! He was the first one of the kids to arrive so we got to hit all the games first and several times after that. He was really good at the basketball booth. He never missed a shot! It was so cool. He wanted to vist all the booths...and he would want to run there. I think we lapped the school about 50 times. But it was still so fun. Then after the carnival we had a small dance in the cafeteria with the kids. We had a blast being buddies with the kids!! They loved the music and loved to dance. One girl was a great break dancer.

After the dance the kids went home and the youth went to the church for lunch and games. Hanging out with the other kids from the stake was a lot of fun. We played a game called Mingle. You dance around a room until someone calls out a number and you have to get in a group of that many people. Playing that game with a bunch of overly competitive guys was not necessarily the safest game but it was still fun! Really all the girls had to do was stand there and wait for a guy to grab you and pull you into a group. You always hoped that it was a group of cute guys too! ;)

Then after the games we all went to Skateland. Skateland is just a roller rink that is pretty cool. We were all really tired but somehow we still had enough energy to skate in circles and dance like maniacs. It was really fun but when I got home I was exhausted. I still am! But I really liked hanging out with Michael yesterday.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. One more month till my girls are old enough to go to youth conference. I remember them being really fun too, not as fun as yours sounded, but still :-)

M&L said...

That is awesome that you stay so involved! So...any boyfriends that I need to know about? You got to keep me in the loop!

Mike, Trish, Megan, Ryan and Cameron Gardner said...

HAHAHA! ( That was to my cookie cousin not my favorite aunt! Lyndzi you are cuhrazy! Did you not know that boy's have cooties? EWWW!!!!! And Kathleeen, scary thought that your girls are now old enough to go to Stake Dances and Youth Confrence. WOW!