Monday, August 12, 2013

Disneyland 2013

For those of you who think that I go to Disneyland every other week, most of you will be surprised to know that I just got back from my first trip in 2013. It's been 8 months since  I was last there, and it was a much needed trip!

A year ago, right before we all left for our first year of college me and some friends from high school decided we needed a trip to Disneyland to say our goodbyes and celebrate our completion of Senior year. This year we used the excuse that it was a celebration of finishing our first year away. Even though we are all legal "adults", we're all children at heart. Every year we each pick a character, and emulate them in some way. Last year we used "Disney Bound" as our inspiration. Disney Bound is a fairly popular blog that a lady has created. She takes everyday clothes, and styles them to a character. I was Tinker Bell. :) This year, thanks to Pinterest, we had the idea to make tulle tutu's that represented our character. I chose to be Minnie Mouse. I had a red tulle tutu, with black accents.

This trip was definitely in the top 3 greatest Disney trips ever. For example, we were in the park for less than a minute, when we see Mickey Mouse running to greet us. He didn't have a handler or anything! I think he saw our tutu's and thought "Oh those poor girls...." haha. But we all got our Mickey hugs and kisses, and he took a picture with us too. :) That just set the tone for the rest of the day.

The crowds were small, the weather was perfect, and somehow, the longest line we waited in was only 30 minutes long. At the end of the day, we decided we really wanted to see World of Color. I had never seen it, and my friends were appalled at me. So we got our tickets, and decided to ride Indiana Jones one more time before we booked it to California Adventure for the show. After we got off the ride, we were climbing up the stairs trying to beat the crowds, when I tripped and fell UP the stair case..... I'm talented I know. I didn't notice anything at the time, and just kept going, because we wanted front row seats. But as soon as we got to our spots (Front and center!) I noticed my foot was hurting a lot. I couldn't put any pressure on it, without wanting to cry. I thought my feet were just tired from the long day. But my friends insisted on going to the Disney nurses, just to be sure. She couldn't really do anything for me, except give me Tylenol, an ice pack, and a Minnie Mouse sticker.

It was a perfect Disney day. I wouldn't have changed a thing about it. It sounds silly, but no matter how old I get, I will always love Disneyland and all its magic. Like Walt Disney always said, "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."
Mickey loves us! :)

Pre- Injury

Oh my tulle.... (Minnie Mouse, Cruella DeVille, Merida, Aurora)

No comments: