Tuesday, August 28, 2012

College Girl


This is it people!  Megan has offically spread her wings and flown the nest! You know how most country songs are about how girls want to get out of the small town for the big city? My life went the exact opposite. Here I sit in little old Thatcher Arizona. Population, 4,865. Number of stoplights, 4. The "mall" is Wal Mart, and there are an infinite number of tractors. To say the least, it's a little different from home. But so far I love it! I've grown up always knowing that Thatcher was there, but in just one week I have learned a lot about the beauty it has to offer. For example, Mount Graham. Never have I ever seen a mountain and thought that it was beautiful, until I saw Mt. Grahm at Orientation. It sounds so stupid, but I honestly love waking up and getting to see it as I walk to class.
So far I've met a lot of nice people, but I have also met my share of weirdo's... I guess everything is an adventure!  Right now my plans consist of getting my Associates here, then joining the sister program with NAU to get my teachers certificate for elementary education. My week basically consists of the following. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I have class from 8 to 2 with a two hour break in the middle. Tuesdays and Thursday I have two classes at 9:30 and 1. The rest of my time I need to fill with sitting in with local teachers and watching them teach and then taking notes on the pro's and con's of their style of teaching for my "Intro to Education" class. I guess all I can say really is that I'm not dead yet, and Im really excited for what EAC has to offer for me and the people and opportunities that will be presented to me.

No comments: